The Board of Education's vision for Education in the Diocese:
Under God, education should be at the heart of the Diocese, with children, young people and school communities feeling a valued and fulfilled part of the Diocesan family. Good practice should be disseminated, with a clear understanding of the difference a Church school can make to the spiritual, moral and educational development of its pupils. The Board should strive to be at the forefront nationally and have a care for Christians working in community schools.
The core purpose of the Board of Education is to work alongside schools supporting:
· The value of all Church schools, regardless of their status
· Effective and skilled school leadership
· The provision of high quality education inspired by Christian values and faith
· As many young people as possible to experience a Christian education
· Parishes to support and promote a Christian presence in all schools
· Christians in education to live a Christian life
We work closely with the nine Local Authorities which exist within the diocesan boundary: Barnsley, Bradford, Calderdale, Durham, Kirklees, Lancashire, Leeds, North Yorkshire and Wakfield.
Names and background details of the members of the Board of Education can be found in the file below.