The Diocese of Leeds is delighted to announce a new Ministry Experience Scheme for people aged 18-29 years beginning in September 2018. We have opportunities for up to 6 participants to experience ministry in one of four parishes for nine months along with theological education and time and space to discern what God's call means for you. For more details about the scheme please see the leaflet below or contact Joanna Seabourne via email joanna.seabourne [at] leeds.anglican.org.
An exploratory year for 18-29 year olds
Encounter is the Church of England's Ministry Experience Scheme for the Diocese of Leeds.
Do you want to:
- Find out if full-time ministry is your calling?
- Learn theology with others?
- Explore different ways of being church?
- Live work and grow alongside others exploring in the same way?
then Encounter could be for you!
We have a range of parishes including some very ethnically diverse congregations. Each parish is committed to encouraging young people exploring what God's call means for them and to encourage diversity in leadership. Applications from under-represented groups would be particularly welcomed.
- Explore ministry in context
- Join in what is happening in a local parish
- Learn theology
- A chance to stufy with experienced tutors and apply your learning in the parish
- See where God is leading you
- An opportunity to experience life in full-time ministry and discern if it is for you, including opportunities to preach and lead worship.
- Contribute to the parish
- The learning goes both ways and your time will be of benefit to the parishes where you serve.
For more information or an application pack please contact Jenice Guild on 0113 353 0260 or email vocations [at] leeds.anglican.org