This section outlines the resources and content that are currently available, to help support people in our churches at this current time and provide ways of accessing prayer and worship.
What is currently available?
In our Diocese there are a range of Christian resources already available:
- We have a Diocesan Facebook group dedicated to sharing information and resources, as well as providing a place to talk together and support one another during this time- please click here to join.
- On the Digital Learning Platform there is a new learning community called Cabin Fever (COVID19). A place to support one another, find activities, share online resources and chat about current concerns and possible solutions during this time of lockdown. Find it here and sign up to the learning platform to find other great training and resources.
- Our Children, Young People and Families Team have gathered and developed a number of different resources to help share and develop faith at home and support church youth groups. These include resources used by Revd Canon Leah Vasey-Saunders from Wakefield Cathedral in her nationally broadcast All Age Worship service.
- We have a selection of resources for worshipping in and as part of Creation, enjoying our time outside. These can be found here. Resources that were used for Rogationtide on May 17 can be found here, here and here.
- The 24/7 Prayer Newsletter can help inspire and renew your prayer life, as well as share stories of prayer from across the globe. Sign up for it here.
- Be Still and Know from Premier Christian Radio offers some Spirit led peace first thing in the morning in the form of an email- sign up here.
- The Mothers' Union have put togther loads of resources for worship and help during this time- these can be found here.
- Seeds of Silence exists to encourage and support people in developing their understanding and use of the ancient Christian tradition of silence as a spiritual practice and discipline of prayer, and can be found here.
- With the support of Leeds Methodist Mission, Shaeron is offering a weekly art meditation. Each week she will be offering two images, some of her thinking and a simple practical and meditative art action. This can be found here.
The national church have also made a number of resources available:
- Daily Hope Phone Line - offering music, prayers and reflections as well as full worship services from the Church of England at the end of a telephone line. It is available 24 hours a day on 0800 804 8044.
- The BBC's Radio 4 Daily Service and Sunday Worship.
- Prayer for the day - each day the Church of England publishes audio and text of the Prayer for the Day.
- Simple daytime prayer and night prayer service – building on the existing daily prayer feed above, the CofE have recorded audio to accompany daytime prayer and night prayer per day, which is available via an updated app and accompanying podcasts.
- A prayer booklet, with many good Covid-19 prayers, can be downloaded here
- Mental health reflections – daily reflections to help people, especially at a time when they are feeling lonely, isolated or anxious.
- Smart speakers – daily prayer and other audio content can be accessed via our smart speaker apps.
- Illustrated Ministry, an ecumenical church website offering faith-based resources, are providing free, weekly, faith formation resources for all ages.
- Labs Learning Webinars - to help churches stream services, stay connected with young people, receive online donations, make the most of A Church Near You and use social media.