Welcome to Stewardship and Income Generation
News from the Anglican Giving Review
2,000 Anglicans were surveyed between July-September 2020 on giving perceptions and practice. Anglicans were defined as those who consider themselves as active supporters of the Church of England and attend church at least once a month.
The survey shows that simple things can be done quickly and easily to encourage giving, and so grow the ministry and mission of the church. The survey will be repeated every two years to track the impact of the National Giving Strategy on giving within the Church of England.
Click the images below to access the survey recommendations and here to read the full report.
In Leeds, we recommend:
- Parishes hold a Giving Review every year.
- Parishes use the Parish Giving Scheme as the 'preferred way to give' to church.
- Clergy and church leaders engage with Generous Giving Training with the National Giving Team and the Diocesan Stewardship and Income Generation Team training and drop-in sessions on all relevant topics.
We are also giving talks to parishes, deaneries and clergy groups about the survey and about ways to grow generous churches. Would you like us to speak to your group? Contact Becky or Janet now to make an appointment. Our details are below.
The Stewardship and Income Generation team can help in a number of ways including;
- Helping you build a Generous Church
- Helping you to conduct a Financial Review and a Giving Review
- Introducing and running planned giving in your church with the Parish Giving Scheme
- Legacy giving and Giving in Memory
- Advice and support about Digital and Online Giving and fundraising
- General advice on finding funding for a project
- Information and advice on Parish Share
- Payroll and parish accounting advice
- Providing online information through our pages on the Digital Learning Platform
For advice and assistance please contact the team on
resourcingparishes [at] leeds.anglican.org on 0113 3530 216
For further information relating to financial issues follow the link to the Finance pages.
The DAC (Diocesan Advisory Committee) can provide advice and information on applying for a faculty for development work in churches.
Meet the team
Lead Stewardship Officer
Finance Officer (Services)