How does Mothers' Union meet the needs of our local communities?
- Members volunteer at food banks, toddler groups and with visits to the elderly.
- We work in prisons where members are volunteers in prison chaplaincy, mother & baby units, visitors centres and teach cooking skills.
- We work with teenage mums and support women's refuges.
- We provide emergency toiletry packs for local hospitals and support premature baby units and dementia wards.
- We give families in need a holiday they would never otherwise afford at one of our caravans in Filey. In 2018 over 80 adults and 80 children had a week's holiday at the coast.
- We support people on a low income and have produced a very popular “Food on a Budget” recipe book.
- We campaign at national and international level for the rights of women, children and families.
- We fundraise for overseas projects teaching literacy, parenting skills, health and hygiene.
Add pictures in for each point.