Parcevall Hall is the only Retreat House and Conference Centre of the Diocese of Leeds. Set in 24 acres in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, the oldest part of the Hall dates from the 16th Century.
Complete restoration and extension was undertaken from 1927 by Sir William Milner, Baronet of Nun Appleton Hall, the godson of Queen Mary and a keen horticulturalist, who also landscaped the grounds and was instrumental in the establishment of Harlow Carr Gardens in Harrogate. On Sir William’s death in 1960, he bequeathed Parcevall to The Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham, who now lease the Hall to the diocese.
With 17 bedrooms and beautiful, traditionally-furnished public rooms, the Hall is equally at home hosting silent retreats, study groups, holiday guests and conferences for small professional or commercial groups and houseguests can enjoy the stunning gardens as well as the surrounding countryside.
There is also a full schedule of open events which are particularly appropriate for those who prefer to be in company and follow a relaxed, themed programme. For full details contact the Hall on 01756 720213 or go to www.parcevallhall.org.uk.
Upcoming Retreats 2023
- 3 April - Quiet Day. Led by Revd Canon Andrew Tawn. Freewill offering
- 6 - 10 April - Easter Retreat. Led by Canon Graham Bettridge. £335 per person
- 18 - 21 May - Fellowship of Contemplative Prayer Retreat. Led by Revd Martin Thorpe. £252 per person
- 6 - 8 June - Temple Theology. Tutor: Margaret Barker. £212 per person
- 28 - 30 June - Leading the Contemplative Life. Tutor: Jill Benet. £210 per person
- 21 August - Quiet Day. Led by The Very Revd Simon Cowling. Freewill offering
- 2 October - Quiet Day. Led by The Right Revd Lord Hope. Freewill offering
- 4 - 7 December - An Advent Walk with St John of the Cross. Led by Canon Brenda Lofthouse. £257 per person
To book, please contact the Hall at email@example.com or by phone on 01756 720213