Godly Play is a way of exploring Bible stories in a creative, measured and imaginative way. If you are interested in Godly Play and would like more information about how to use the resources, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, as we would always recommend some training before starting out. In addition, Godly Play UK provide regular training and details can be found here.
Godly Play Resource Hubs
The diocesan Children, Young People and Families Team are delighted to be working with five parishes across the diocese who are helping to make resources more accessible to Godly Play practitioners across the diocese.
The churches involved are:
- St Mary’s, South Elmsall - Contact: email@example.com
- St Matthew’s, Rastrick - Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- St Peter’s, Harrogate - Contact: email@example.com
- Ripon Cathedral - Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wakefield Cathedral - Contact: email@example.com
For parishes who would like to borrow Godly Play resources, the procedure is as follows:
- Locate the story you would like to use; the list is here.
- Email the location with your request; please only use the email addresses quoted above as that links to Godly Play. The parish will usually respond within a week, so do please factor this into your planning.
- They will respond telling you whether the story is available and if it is; options for collection. In normal circumstances stories will be available for a maximum of 1 month, however if they are of a seasonal nature, such as Advent and Easter, then shorter timescales will be in place.
- Please return the resources at the agreed time and date; if anything is returned incomplete or damaged, the Children, Young People and Families team will contact the borrowers regarding replacement costs.
Terms and Conditions of Borrowing Godly Play Resources
Parishes applying to borrow diocesan Godly Play resources agree to: