Please find helpful documents and resources on this page for parishes, which include guidance around finances, furloughing, funerals, weddings and other life events.
To access the national Church of England Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance for churches, which includes FAQs, resources and documents please click here.
Guidance for virtual APCMs and AMPs
The Diocese of Leeds has produced a toolkit to help parishes run virtual APCMs and AMPs, which can be found here.
Access to Church Risk Assessment
A risk assesment for churches conducting worship inside can be found here.
A risk assesment for churches conducting worship outside can be found here.
NHS Test and Trace
Advice on how churches can work with the NHS Test and Trace system can be found here.
Public Worship in Church
From July 19 we are now in Stage 4 of the COVID-19 unlocking roadmap, and with most COVID legal restrictions being lifted new guidance has been issued.
- Extensive advice and guidance about conducting public worship can be found here. This includes information on opening as a visitor atttaction, singing, risk assesments, welcoming people into church, social distancing and face coverings, Test and Trace, Holy Communion, making buildings safe, cleaning, life events, children's groups and youth work, social events and building hire, and catering.
- The Royal School of Church Music has put out guidance on singing and music in church, which can be found here.
Previous Church of England advice can be found below, and will be kept here for reference.
- Advice about wearing face coverings in places of worship can be found here.
- Advice on risk factors for clergy and church volunteers can be found here.
- Advice on keeping church buildings clean can be found here.
- Advice about ministry and mission with children and young people can be found here. Resources to help assist resuming children and young people activities can be found here.
- Advice about outdoor worship can be found here.
- Advice on bellringing in church can be found here.
- Advice on pastoral support in the community, including in care homes, can be found here.
Guidance on Life Events in Church
With the change to COVID-19 restrictions, the government has updated its advice around weddings and funerals.
- The government's advice on weddings can be found here.
- The government's advice on funerals can be found here.
- Liturgy relating to prayer, lament and restoration can be found here.
- Liturgy relating to memorials can be found here.
Finance and Furloughing
- Here is a document the Church of England which provides information regarding the UK Government financial measures in response to coronavirus.
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme - a fact sheet from the Diocese of Leeds for Furloughing employees during the Coronavirus months.
- An alert from the government provides information and advice for charities about coronavirus (COVID-19) related fraud and cybercrime. Read the guidance and support here.