The Parish Giving Scheme (or PGS for short) is an established planned giving scheme for churches that was launched across the Diocese of Leeds in January 2020.
Developed in 2009 by the Diocese of Gloucester, the PGS is a proven way to boost levels of parish income but also offers a myriad of other benefits for parishes and givers alike.
The scheme enables you to:
- Give monthly, quarterly or annually to your church by Direct Debit
- Sign up to inflation linked giving annually, if you choose
- Enhance your gift to the parish by having Gift Aid at 25% added to your giving
- Give anonymously, if you prefer
- Give securely
- Give a “One-off “Gift to your church
Once your parish has registered for the PGS there are three ways in which you can set up a Direct Debit to give regularly to your church or parish:
- Via paper 'Gift Form' – available from your PGS parish representative
- Via the PGS “dedicated” telephone service on 0333 002 1271, Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Via the PGS website at www.parishgiving.org.uk
The PGS website provides more information on setting up your regular giving.
Online Giving Page with the PGS
In December 2022 the PGS introduced their new “One-off giving feature” enabling PGS Registered parishes to also receive “One-off” gifts through their Parish profile page on the PGS website. For every gift received the PGS charges a small transaction fee of 1.5% which compares well with others online giving providers. Watch a short video about one off giving here
The PGS team set up direct debits to come out of donor accounts on the 1st day of the month and also automatically claim eligible Gift Aid before transferring donations to the church's bank account on the 10th of every month. The Gift Aid amount is then transferred later the same month once released by HMRC. This not only reduces the administration burden on church volunteers but also helps parishes resolve their cash flow problems.
- Please see this Frequently Asked Questions page for answers to the most common questions regarding the PGS
- Listen to this 10 minute Introduction to the Parish Giving Scheme from your Diocesan PGS Representative