A Spiritual Director or Companion is someone who journeys with another person encouraging and resourcing them in their spiritual life. The role of a Spiritual Director is not about 'directing'. It is listening, discerning and helping to devlop new insight.
In the diocese we maintain the ministry of Spiritual Direction by:
- Running short courses and taster days open to anyone to learn more about Spiritual Direction
- Keeping a list of ecumenical Spiritual Directors in the diocese
- Helping those looking for a Spiritual Director
- Offering guidance on safe practice for those seeking Spiritual Direction
- Maintaining a support system and regular consultations for Spiritual Directors.
- Training courses for people to explore the ministry of Spiritual Direction.
Click here to download a leaflet with more information on Spiritual Direction.
Click here to download Guidelines for Spiritual Direction.
All licensed clergy in the diocese, spiritual directors and Area Prayer and Spirituality Team co-ordinators can view the list of Spiritual Directors here. Please note that this is a password protected page. If you do not have the current password and fall under one of the previously mentioned categories, please contact charlie.scott [at] leeds.anglican.org to request the password.
Anyone who does not fall under these categories and is interested in having a Spiritual Director, please contact either a licensed minister or the relevant Area Prayer and Spirituality Team co-ordinator (contact details can be found here).