If you have concerns for your mental state or you feel there is an immediate and serious danger to yourself or another person/child:
- call 999 immediately for an ambulance or the police
- or you can also call 111 when you need medical advice fast but it’s not a 999 emergency
National Safeguarding Team
Contact the National Team: The National Safeguarding Team (NST) is working to increase the capacity and expertise of parishes, diocese and other Church of England institutions to respond to safeguarding concerns and support victims and survivors. They are not able to offer either an emergency 24-hour response but there are Safeguarding Advisors in every diocese and Safeguarding Officers in every parish.
Contact details of other agencies that are available to assist either on a 24-hour basis or through specialist helplines and services:
Local Adult and Child Social Services - If you wish to report a concern to your local Adult or Child Social Services. Contact details for both day time and out of hours.
Stop it Now helpline 0808 1000 900 contact them if you are worried about your online behavior or someone else's.
ICCSA - Independent Inquiry Child Sexual Abuse.
A collection of local and national support services can be accessed and downloaded here. It includes National directories for accessing support and Information regarding:
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Services
- Support for Survivors of Sexual Abuse
- Support Agencies and Helplines for Victims/ Survivors of Domestic Abuse, Stalking and Harassment, Honour Based Violence and Forced Marriage
- Support for Children and Young People
Children and Young People Support
Please visit out designated page here for support services available to children and young people.
Forgiveness & Reconciliation in the Aftermath of Abuse (2017)
The Gospel, Sexual Abuse and the Church: A theological resource for the local church (2016)