Vocation: God Calls Everyone
Welcome to the Diocese of Leeds Vocations web pages! Please use the menu to navigate around the Vocations pages - you'll find this on the left on a PC/tablet or above on a mobile.
Clicking on Latest News will take you to recent news stories from the Diocese about Vocation
- Understanding Vocation is a page to help you think about how God guides us
- Discovering your call helps you think about the options. Everyone is a called, but not necessarily to ordained ministry and there are varieties of ordained ministry
- "Called to Ordained Ministry" takes you straight to a page for those who think God may be calling them to be ordained.
- Under Thirty? does what it says on the tin! You don't have to wait until you have a mid-life crisis to think about ordination!
- There's a dedicated page about Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic vocations
- There are pages for those who already exploring ordination with us
- Useful links will point you to some other websites and resources
The Vocations Team: What we do
Most of the Vocations Team's time involves working with those exploring a call to ordained ministry, but we are here to support and encourage everyone to discover God's purpose for our lives, especially in formal roles within their local church. You will find more about lay vocations on the Lay Training pages.
If you want to discuss God's call upon your life, and you are not yet sure if that means ordination, we'd like to talk with you. Please get in touch!
The Vocations Team supports ordination candidates through the whole discernment process, including their formal training, right up to the day of their ordination as deacon. After that, responsibility passes to the Clergy Development Team.
The Church of England's national web page about vocation is run by Ministry Team (formerly known as Ministry Division). Click on their logo above to go to their home page. They also have a page specifically about Calling.
We're also on social media:
Meet the team
Revd Canon Derek Walmsley
Derek is available to preach/speak at services, clergy chapter, deanery synods and other meetings across the Diocese.
Revd Steve Proudlove
Steve's role is half time, combined with his parish priest role in Menston.
Jjenice.guild [at] leeds.anglican.org (enice Guild)
A small network of Assistant DDOs help with the ordained vocations discernment process.
They are all experienced parish priests from across the Diocese, appointed by the Bishop.
(Not all of them are pictured here)